Music Downloading Survey
The purpose of this survey is to gather information about the practices and attitudes of those who use the Internet to download and share sound files of music (MP3s, etc.). This research is for the second ...
If you have used iTunes, Amazon, BitTorrent, or other online sources to download music, please fill out this brief survey. Thanks.
For anybody who is curious about the questions asked, here they are:
Questions 1-6 are demographic in nature.
7. What best describes the way you *currently* download music from the Internet?
8. Has your use of paid vs. unpaid services changed significantly since you started downloading music? Please explain your answer.
9. Please list the services you have used to download music in order of most to least frequent use.
10. Approximately how many songs have you downloaded in total? Is there anything you'd like to explain about your answer?
11. What kind(s) of music do you download? Please mention specific genres or styles.
12. Do you download music to explore unfamiliar artists or genres? If so, can you give some examples?
13. Has downloading/file-sharing affected your taste in music? Please explain.
14. Do you share your sound files with others (i.e., through e-mail, burning to CD, etc.)? Is there anything you'd like to explain about your answer?
15. How do you feel about downloading music without paying for it? Please explain your answer.
16. How do you feel about the legal actions (cease and desist letters, lawsuits, etc.) that the recording industry has pursued in order to discourage illegal downloading and file-sharing? Other/Comments
17. Do you buy CDs? If yes, why do you sometimes choose to buy CDs rather than download the same music on the Internet?
18. Do you go to concerts? If yes, does your downloading/file-sharing affect your concert-going habits? Please explain.
19. Do you have other thoughts about file-sharing/downloading that you'd like to share?