To receive a $250,000 grant from Pepsi, they must place 1st or 2nd with highest number of votes in the PepsiRefreshChallenge. Hannah'sHopeFund is currently in 2nd place (at the time of this writing) and needs to maintain that position if not move up into 1st place by midnight, Tuesday, August 31, 2010.
Unlike MS which attacks only the central nervous system, GAN destroys both the peripheral and central nervous systems over time. Researchers have identified the genetic mutation and funding is needed for clinical trials. This would be an excellent way for Pepsi and Hannah'sHopeFund to help make that happen.
Supporters can vote a total of 3 times.
1. Text 101885 to 73774
2. Vote via the web: http://www.refresheverything.3. Vote via Facebook: (make sure FB isn’t open in another window)
com/hannahshopefund (If it’s your first time voting on the web you’ll have to register on the site the first time you vote. After you register once, you will not have to register again).
· go to the web http://www.refresheverything.
· Choose “Vote for this Idea”
· When you get the sign in box there is an option in the upper left hand corner to “Log in using Facebook”
· Log in with your Facebook user name and password and cast your vote!
Here is a recent story about our efforts:
dpp/about_us/as_seen_on/mom- fights-for-a-cure-to-her-sons' -rare-disease-in-pepsi- refresh-project-competition