Jim has tagged me
Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago (1998), I was enjoying my first spring in Washington, D.C. after moving here from Bloomington, IN. I was living in an apartment in Arlington, VA just over the Potomac River from Georgetown and the Kennedy Center. I was playing 2nd horn in the Baltimore Opera's performances of Richard Wagner's Tannhauser in which the horns have very lovely parts and considerably fewer notes than the strings. That summer I walked from my apartment to the Iwo Jima Memorial to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
In a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
1. Peanut M&Ms
2. Cheese Sandwich
3. Cold Diet Coke
4. Leftover Mac&Cheese, straight from the frig
In the real world:
2. Granny Smith apple with peanut butter
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Build/purchase a home in which I could comfortably have my music studio with plenty of custom storage, one which would be handicap accessible and outfitted for potential needs in the future, one which would have an au pair suite in which a college student could live in return for household duties, and one which had sufficient space for guests, friends, and children. I would absolutely continue to teach and perform.
2. Invest money for retirement and my nephews' college educations (also for my own children if I were to have any).
3. Establish a foundation which would provide financial assistance to patients such as myself.
4. Go on a real vacation!!
Five jobs that I have had:
1. At Target, floor worker in the clothing and shoe departments, often staying after store closing for at least an hour to stock.
2. Babysitter, dogsitter, and housesitter.
3. Official accompanist at a 5-week summer music festival in Tennessee.
4. Copy-cataloger and circulation desk manager in the Archives of Traditional Music at Indiana University.
5. Horn player in various orchestras and freelance groups.
Three of my habits:
1. Hitting the snooze button on my alarm several times before giving in to the fact that I must get up.
2. Drinking a glass of water each time I pass through the kitchen.
3. Working a Sudoku puzzle before going to sleep each night.
Five place I have lived:
1. Midwest City, Oklahoma, USA
2. Norman, Oklahoma, USA
3. Waco, Texas, USA
4. Bloomington, Indiana, USA
5. Falls Church, Virginia, USA
Add one new part, What do you want others to get from your blog:
I hope that visitors will find resonance in the truth and bold honesty they find here. I want others who live with MS to feel comfortable interacting within our growing MS Blogger community and to participate in the bi-weekly Carnival. Finally, I will borrow Diane's wise words: I hope that visitors do not feel their time has been wasted here.
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better:
(a nice way of saying TAG!)
But don't feel obligated! Just do it if you want to.
1. Being Ammey
2. Jenn's Journey with MS
3. Life and Times of Eric's Wife
4. Tingly Toes
5. What's Wrong with Me?