Continuing our discussion of MS and Diet, today’s topic surrounds the Best Bet Diet and the MS Recovery Diet. Each feature the elimination of foods which may cause allergic reactions and adhering to a more Paleolithic Diet.
DIRECT-MS and Best Bet Diet
DIRECT-MS, short for DIet REsearch into the Cause and Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, is a charity which was formed in 1998 by families affected by MS. After his son developed MS in 1995, Ashton Embry, Ph.D. delved into the scientific literature to find the most likely cause of MS and to develop an effective treatment for his son, the result being the Best Bet Diet.
Best Bet Diet Nutritional Protocol:
1. Eat fruits and vegetables for carbohydrates and micro-nutrients
2. Eat fish and skinless breast of chicken and turkey, for protein
3. Eat extra virgin olive oil for fats
4. Avoid all dairy, grains (except rice), legumes
5. Avoid all allergenic foods, which are identified by skin and ELISA tests
6. Avoid all red meat and margarine
7. Take a daily regime of supplements (see full post for more information)
Read this post in its entirety:
MS and Diet: Best Bet Diet and MS Recovery Diet