During the past two weekends, Rob and I have been enjoying Saturday night after-hours viewing of classic Indiana Jones movies at the local movie theater. Initially the thought of watching midnight showings didn’t sound appealing or realistic. However, I made a decision; I decided to stop what I was doing, lay down, and make myself close my eyes on Saturday afternoon to take a good long nap. I wasn’t being lazy. On the contrary, I took control, fought back, and decided to enjoy life despite MS.
That is what it means to live boldly. It’s about finding the strength to persevere and thrive despite MS. It’s about overcoming challenges and the accomplishments that make you proud.
We live boldly in many ways every day. This weekend, I did so by taking a nap. For Jodi Edwards, it is running. For you, it might be taking care of your family, socializing with friends, or playing a musical instrument. Or perhaps it is gardening, taking a walk around the block, traveling, or raising awareness of MS. The possibilities are endless.
How do you choose to #LiveBold?
HealthCentral wants to give you the opportunity to share your story and help to stamp out stigmas associated with chronic disease in the process. The #LiveBold anti-stigma photo campaign is about telling the story of your accomplishments, no matter how big, small, or in between. You can also win up to $500!
Here’s what you do to join the campaign and enter the contest:
- Submit a photo that shows how you Live Bold accompanied by a 250-word description of your story.
- Enter on the contest page here on HealthCentral or on the #LiveBold Facebook page by Friday, July 11, 2014.
- Share your story on social media using the hashtag #LiveBold.
- Voting for the contest begins July 15 and continues through August 8. The entries with the most votes will be selected to win $500 (1st place), $250 (2nd place), or $100 (3rd place).
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
Read this post in its entirety:
HealthCentral Launches the #LiveBold Anti-Stigma Photo Contest