I like that photo above - a horse and zebra mix. A dichotomy in one creature.
Life is full of dichotomies which coexist peacefully. Today, I'd like to do something different. I'd like to ask you to answer a few questions. The result of which will show the differing opinions and experiences of the members of our community.
Here are the questions:
1. How many doctors do you have and how often do you see each one in a year?
2. Do you have health insurance? If so, how have you obtained it? ie. through your employer, through a spouse's employer, on your own independently, through retirement benefits or through Medicare or Medicaid?
3. How much does your coverage cost? How much are the premiums? What is your deductible? How much are your copays and/or coinsurance? Do you have prescription coverage?
4. What are the top three aspects of your health care and health insurance which you APPRECIATE the most?
5. What are the top three aspects of your health care and health insurance which you DISLIKE the most?
6. What are your greatest CONCERNS when it comes to changes in how health care is provided (ie. delivered, financed, regulated)?
7. What are your greatest HOPES when it comes to changes in how health care is provided?
Do you know how many legislative health reform proposals have been introduced in Congress this session (in the US only)? Have you read any of the proposals? If you were "ruler of the world" how would you change things?
Please keep the conversation civil. No talk of "death panels" or "angry mobs."
I thank you in advance for you responses.
Please go to HealthCentral to comment (even if anonymously):
Gratitude Friday and Health Care